Whisper Wind Turbines
The energy sector is greatly responsible for climate change and atmospheric pollution. Wind is a clean and environment friendly source of energy that produces electricity. Its renewable character and the fact that it does not pollute during its operational phase makes it one of the best promising energy systems in reducing environmental problems at global and local levels. However, wind energy, may cause impacts on the environment which should be analyzed and mitigated.
Whisper a name with more than 10 years of knowledge in the field, has been re-engineered and started under the Southwest Wind power family of wind turbines. The Whisper has an all-new appearance having a cast aluminum frame and smooth, quiet operation of the patented “angle-governor” furling design.
Whisper 100 formerly known as Whisper H40, has been updated with new features and added flexibility for renewable energy system. It provides reliable energy for remote homes, telecommunications sites and rural applications in moderate to extreme environments. Dependable operation by thousands of customers makes Whisper 100 the top selling small wind turbine in its class. The Whisper 100, have 7 ft. (2.1m) rotor diameter and 40 sq. ft. swept area, which makes it rugged enough for extreme environments.
The Whisper 200 also includes a permanent magnet alternator powered with an advanced airfoil, as a result capturing the most energy in its class as compared to other competitive wind turbines. The Whisper will deliver 6.3 KWH per day. The Whisper 200 produces more noise than its Whisper100, but it does produce almost twice the power. The Whisper200 can be installed in just a few hours with no welding, no concrete or cranes.
Whisper 500 formerly H175
Formerly the Whisper 175, the Whisper 500 has a 14-foot (4.26m) rotor diameter providing 175 sq. ft. of swept area. The H500 has been redesigned, including a stronger, larger yaw shaft, new blade stabilizer straps and a third spindle bearing for increased reliability.
The Whisper 500 have a handmade fiberglass and foam core blade used for smooth, high efficiency operation and low wind start-up. It also includes the patented “angle governor” design for quiet operation in high winds, which is an ANGLE-FURL™, an incredibly effective, Whisper quiet, method of protecting the Whisper 500 in high winds and helps in maintaining the maximum output in all winds. The Whisper 500 is an outstanding machine for village power projects, farms, ranches, back-up power and remote homes, and off grid living with large energy demands. This 3000- watt rated turbine will deliver in excess of 500 KWH per month assuming a 12 mph (5.4 m/s) wind.
The Whisper wind turbine towers involve no welding however the largest towers need concrete. These are available in different heights like 24ft, 30ft, 50ft, 65ft and 80ft. All the installations can be done efficiently on the ground. The Whisper tower kits contain anchors, pope materials and power wires.
Whisper Controller and Digital Display
The Whisper 100, Whisper200, Whisper 500 Whisper 100 comes with the new Controller that presents greater reliability and superior control for battery charging. Its compact cabinet design features effortlessly settable voltage regulation points; load dump and load dump isolation from the battery.
Whisper controller protects both wind turbine and battery. It can be installed in minutes and it fits easily inside your battery room. You can add the optional LCD display and you will instantly receive real time data on the performance of your Whisper. The display can be mounted on the controller or up to 1000 feet away, so you can monitor performance in the comfort of your home. You can even add an anemometer to the controller so you can measure wind speed, and compare it to the output from your Whisper.
- Offshore wind power plants can deliver seven times the energy as land-based plants.
- There are three British offshore wind farms having a combined capacity of 210 MW.
- Wind energy can provide new sources of income to some rural areas having favorable climate conditions.
- Wind energy use has been growing movement in many countries, mainly in Europe.
- Wind energy can be shortly the cheapest way to produce energy on the large scale, particularly in areas with suitable climate conditions.
- Wind energy assures high working reliability, no fuel costs and no pollution.
- In recent years wind energy has provided for over 20% of the power consumption of Denmark, providing energy for a large number of homes and businesses throughout the country each year.[#1]
- The National Renewable Energy Labs stated that the Whisper 100 was one of the quietest wind turbines ever tested.[#2]
- According to the experts, in the United States alone if the 10 windiest states were to fully utilize their available wind sources the energy produced could compensate the entire coal-based power production facilities presently being used and substitute them entirely.[#1]
- If properly developed, wind power could successfully reduce carbon emissions in the US by at least one third every year and help realize a global carbon dioxide reduction of 4% yearly.[#1]
- In order to replace all energy consumption needs of the world with wind power production about 13% of all land will need to be developed for wind energy purposes, assuming the placement of six large wind power generators per square kilometer in certain area 80 meters above sea level in order to maximize wind energy potential. This can of course be reduced if we were to rely upon offshore wind energy production facilities as well as onshore ones.[#1]
- The large commercial wind turbines can be 500 feet high, and generate electricity in a 700 kW to 2.5 MW range. The farm or large yard turbine towers run about 30 to 50 feet in height, and can generate about 10 kW power. Rooftop models lack the height needed to get up into the best wind currents, and they need to be smaller all around to fit in with the overall look of any residence. Obviously they would produce far less energy, but enough to power lighting or small appliances.[#3]
- Top three nations now producing wind power are Germany, Spain, and the United States. Even in the forward looking US, the power produced is only less than a half of one percent of all electricity produced (2005). And, only half the states even have wind farms. Colorado is one of the leaders in renewable resource energy. The wind mill giant company based in Denmark, Vestas, has recently chosen to locate a new manufacturing plant, with about 1350 new jobs, just outside of Denver, in Colorado.[#3]
- The Future of Wind Power Lies in the Spirals of the Helical Wind Turbine Helical wind turbine is a type of vertical axis wind turbines (VAWT). Main feature of this type is its helically...
- 5 Biggest Myths about Residential Wind Turbines Wind is a very popular source of alternative energy. Unlike solar, a properly setup wind turbine will generate electricity throughout...
- Wind solar turbine A solar wind turbine generator is a consistent alternative energy source. It uses solar energy combined with wind energy to...
- Windmill Blades Windmill blades are constantly developing, although they appeared a very long time ago. At the beginning they were somehow inefficient,...
- Sunforce 44447 900W Whisper Wind Turbine (39% discount) Sunforce 44447 900W Whisper Wind Turbine is high end wind turbine which can power a small size home. Built with...